Posts Tagged ‘Barack and Michelle Obama’
I was watching CNN a few days ago when they were discussing the NY Times Reporter’s interview with The First Family regarding their marriage and it is very evident they are in what I like to call “The Marriage Fishbowl”.
The Marriage Fishbowl is clearly where everyone is watching your every move that the husband and wife make. Did he do this? Did she do that? What was the response? How do they handle this or that? Being in the marriage fishbowl will cause your marriage to be critiqued by some, praised by others, some will remain silent in wonder, there are couples that will try to live up to your representation of marriage and much more.
With Barack and Michelle Obama, clearly based on the interview facts are facts:
1) He had not lived in the home full-time since 1996. So being in the position they are in now is a good thing. Togetherness.
2) Date night is important to them. Yet it was criticized because of how he did it a year ago.
3) Family is important to them and he makes time for his wife and daughters despite being The President.
4) It was shared that there was a very stressful time in their marriage.
Life Lessons to Accept:
1) We all have a role in our marriage. When the other spouse is not there full-time, we take care of business and do what needs to be done especially when there are children involved. You do not let things fall apart.
2) Marriage takes teamwork. Communication is very important. Not arguing but talking with cool heads.
3) Wives and husbands are to support each other in their individual and mutual goals. VISION is important and know where you are going.
4) Date night is important because it gives you time to enjoy your relationship and each other.
Money was not a topic but I want to interject. Discussing money is very important and would alleviate financial mistakes. Because that too is something that is watched when you are in “The Marriage Fishbowl”.
What do you think it takes to make a marriage work? Leave your comments.
We will discuss “The Marriage Fishbowl” again.